Based on the Staff Meeting held the 19th of May, 2012, the following programs within the Center for Clinical Pastoral Education and Psychotherapy apply:
A. Clinical Pastoral Orientation. This is a NOT a CPSP-certified program. It is designed as a preparatory program for CPE/T in a Bible School or Seminary. It is structured similar to a classic Intro to Counseling program but utilizing clinical practice and group process. The class is normally 8 weeks long (depending on the frequency of classes) and the nature of the school. The class includes 60 hours approximately of total time. About half of that group work/class. Other time is individual supervision, clinical practice, and personal work. The class size varies but should not go above 8 or 9 per supervisor/trainer. If the class size is bigger, multiple trainers can be utilized.
Cost: P2500 per trainee. This does not include expenses that may come from the partnered training school. Tuition with Bukal Life, training materials, and ID are included in the P2500.
B. CPE-Internship. This is NOT a CPSP-certified program. This is CPE designed to meet the requirements of seminaries for clinical pastoral education. Some schools require CPE but do not require a full internally-certified program. This provides a shorter and more economic program as an alternative. Typically, this program would be done in the Summer (March-May), at the same time as CPE-Intensive. It involves 8 weeks of training. The total number of hours is 300 hours, approximately 25% of that would be group time, the remaining 75% is individual supervision, personal work, and clinical practical training.
Cost: P5000 per trainee. This does not include expenses that may come from the partnered training school. Tuition with Bukal Life, and training materials covered in the P5000. Additional costs like ID, uniform, travel, lodging, food, and retreats are not covered.
C. CPE-Intensive. This is a CPSP-certified program. This is standard CPE/T program with 400 hours of training in 11 weeks. 100 hours is group training/work, and 300 hours is individual supervision, personal work, and clinical practical work. This is normally held during the Summer Months (March-May) but can be done at other times if there is a demand.
Cost: P15,000 per trainee. <If CPE-Intensive is taken as a requirement for a seminary or school, other costs may be incurred with that institution.> P15,000 covers Bukal Life tuition, training materials, ID, uniform, and CPSP membership. Additional costs like travel, lodging, food, and retreats are not covered.
D. CPE-Extended. This is a CPSP-certified program. This program is considered to be identical/exchangeable with CPE-intensive and is recognized equally by the CPSP (College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy). The difference is that the 400 hours of work is spread over 26 weeks (as opposed to 11 weeks). This is to accommodate professionals who have limited hours available per week for the training.
Cost: Same as CPE-Intensive