July 26, 2019 we held CPE Commissioning for our 9 trainees at Bukal Life Care (with Diplomate Supervisor Celia Munson and Supervisor in Training Lyn Montecastro). We also welcomed 6 recent CPE trainees from Saint Andrews Theological Seminary (with Diplomate Supervisor Paul Tabon). The commissioning was held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. Father Ivo Anselmi provided an inspirational message on family, and each of the trainees provided their ministerial metaphor to the group. Afterwards, all joined at the PBTS canteen for celebratory lunch.
Other photos of the event can be found at the Munson’s blogpage: https://bobandceliamunson.wordpress.com/2019/07/28/cpe-commissioning/
Congratulations to our CPE trainees for Summer Intensive 2019.
Ameenah, Asami, Chara, Solomon, Xerxes, Matthew, and Kimcheng
Our next CPE unit starts June 10, 2019
We started CPE this week for our Summer Intensive with 7 trainees. We had some changes in our follow-on units due to schedules of some trainees. This list updates these changes.
March 12: Start of Summer Intensive
March 29: Training at Center Hope for Women
April 15: Mid-term Eval
May 10: Commissioning
June (perhaps June 3) Orientation for new CPE Unit
June 11 Start of CPO
In our partnership with Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (PBTS), we are happy to have the first graduates of the new Pastoral Care programs at PBTS. They are the first in decades. We are justifiably pleased and proud.
—MDiv-PC: Daniel Spaeth
—MA-PC: Dorina Belran
We haven’t put in updates in awhile. But that doesn’t mean that nothing has happened.
In January we had:
- Board Meeting of CPSP-Philippines hosted at Bukal Life Care
- Gift-giving to inmates at La Trinidad District Jail
- Completion of two groups of CPE trainees
- Hosted Case Presentation led by Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP
- Hosted signing of new Memorandum of Agreement between CPSP and CPSP-Philippines
Looking into upcoming activities… here are a few.
- February 11. Presentation by one of our trainees, Daniel Spaeth, of Family Life History Thesis. This will be the first such thesis done as part of the M.Div-PC program at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (this is a program that we partner with PBTS on).
- February 17. Parenting Seminar in La Trinidad (we are joining as panel members)
- March 11. Start of Summer Intensive Full Unit CPE
- April 15. Start of Summer Intensive Half Unit CPE
- May 27. Start of Palliative Care CPE
CPSP-Philippine Plenary scheduled to happen soon… but waiting for more details.
Greetings to all. Our courses are on break. Both our present CPE group and our CPO group will start up again in Mid-January. However, we will be at the Lide-Walker Conference at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary January 7-9.
February, we will be hosting Dr. Raymond Lawrence from CPSP.
Although we are on break, we are still available for consultation. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is our CPE team during second semester here at Bukal. From left to right.
- Aaron CPE Trainee
- Vo CPE Supervisor-in-Training
- Celia CPE Diplomate
- Lyn CPE Supervisor-in-Training
- Matthew CPE Trainee
- Mike PC Thesis
- Bhab CPE Trainee
- Medo CPE Trainee
- Xander CPE Trainee
- Crista CPE Trainee
On October 15 we started a new CPE group. We have 6 trainees. They have Vo and Lyn as SITs for the trainees. The left image below is on the first day of CPE. We also have 3 trainees for CPO led by Bob and Celia.
The right picture was taken in the office of Dr. Pagara, dean of the School of Theology at Central Philippine University. We were meeting with Dr. Cal Sodoay, a partner in CPE. The picture includes Doc Cal, Celia, Bob, Doc Gibbs, and Dr. Pagara. The trip, including Doc Lyn, and several CPE members in Iloilo was on October 4-7.