The CPSP wrote a tribute to Nars Dumalagan regarding his great role in building CPE in the Philippines and Southeast Asia. Click on the link below.
Just a few updates.
1. Our Executive Director, Rev. Joel Aguirre is presently in Pittsburgh, PA attending the Annual Conference of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP). He plans to return the first week in April.
2. The CPE Intensive has started again in Baguio. There are presently 17 trainees, including trainees from Philippines, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, and Haiti. We also have a number of trainees at our Manila Branch presently.
3. Planning to have our Pastoral Care Symposium is still being planned for the first week in May. This will be in Baguio, although it is possible to repeat it in Manila (we shall see).
4. Plan to have new CPE branches in June and August in Baguio. Will update regarding Manila schedule later.
5. Photos of Celia Munson’s Group for CPE Batch 2012 1A .
Northridge Academy held a Recollection Training and Service at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary, led by Bukal Life Care & Counseling Center. Approximately 90 students, grades 6th through 4th year gathered. In the morning, training was by Bukal Life starting with self-understanding and working through group process and team-building to understanding of family role.
In the afternoon, students gave presentations based on different virtues and were given awards based on these presentations. Following this was the Recollection Service that included a message by Rev. Joel Aguirre (Exec. Director of Bukal Life) on the role of the person in relationship with God.
Northridge Academy is a private school based in Baguio City. We thank Principal Julie Sibucao and Ma’am Gay (guidance counselor) for working with us in making this a profitable partnership.
1. Bukal Life Care & Counseling Center is “Non-denominational.” That means that we, as a group, do not ascribe to a single denominational creed, nor require our members to be a member of a specific denomination.
2. Members of Bukal Life Care & Counseling Center (staff, supervisors, board members) are members of different denominations/churches and are expected to serve within their faith communities. Thus, members are expected to serve “Denominationally” within their church setting, but are expected to serve non-denominationally with Bukal Life.
3. Bukal Life Care & Counseling Center is also “Ecumenical.” This term has different meanings to different people. We understand the term to mean sharing in a common Christian faith. For us, we ensure this by requiring members of Bukal Life to concur with the Apostle’s Creed… an early historical encapsulation of the Christ faith.
4. The College of Pastoral Supervision & Psychotherapy (CPSP) and Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) are “Interfaith.” Interfaith means that the CPSP and CPE does not limit themselves to those of the Christian faith. Rather involvement as trainees within this group and program can occur regardless of their faith/creed/religion.
5. Bukal Life Care & Counseling Center, is a non-government organization (NGO) based in the Philippines. The College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP) is a separate organization based in the United States. CPSP-Philippines is a separate organization linked with the CPSP but based in the Philippines. Thus, these are three separate organizations. Bukal Life is connected with the CPSP and CPSP-Philippines through mutual agreements, but are legally independent.
Since Bukal Life is a training center for CPE as certified by the CPSP, we provide CPE training to all and do not discriminate based on the religious faith of the trainees. However, Bukal Life carries out other ministries within the context of non-denominational historic Christian faith.