January Finish of our two groups of CPE that started in October.
February A well deserved break
March 11 Start of CPE Summer Full Unit Intensive
April 15 Start of CPE Summer Half Unit Intensive
May 20-ish Completion of CPE Summer Intensive Units
May 27-ish Beginning of CPE-Elder Care. (Focus more on Elder and Palliative Care)
- We recently hosted a certification board of CPSP-Philippines. On July 28, we had several reviewed. Three were three granted certification for Clinical Chaplaincy: Ptr. Janice Serafica, Ptr. Renato Eustaquio, and Dr. Merlita Montecastro. Additionally one was granted Associate Clinical Chaplaincy: Daniel Spaeth.
- We are considering having a new half unit of CPE starting on August 20. However, we are seeking to verify that we have enough trainees. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, our next course is in October. This will be a full unit extended.
- August 27 we will be holding a short seminar in San Fernando, La Union on Conflict resolution.
- CPE Transition. Our Summer group of 16 trainees completed their CPE units— some in the last week of May er and some in the first week of June. A new group of 15 trainees (with Supervisor Celia, and SITs Vo and Edgar) started on June 15. Most of the trainees are associated with either PBTS (Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary) or LTS (Lutheran Theological Seminary). Most are either doing a half-unit intensive, or a full-unit extended.
- This June starts a first with us. We are in partnership with Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (PBTS) in establishing a new course of study. PBTS ow has two new degrees: Master of Divinity in Pastoral Care, and Master of Arts in Pastoral Care (M.Div-PC and MA-PC). Both are integrated with our CPE program. We are excited to see how things go. More info is available at https://pbts.net.ph/index.php/2018/05/15/pastoral-care-degrees-at-philippine-baptist-theological-seminary/
- On June 17, Bob and Celia went to BIBAK Bible Church to hold a Conflict Resolution seminar for Youth and Young Adult leaders from various local churches. We are thankful to our hosts for their hospitality and we pray that they found value in the activity.
We held our Summer 2018 Commissioning Service for our Clinical Pastoral Education Trainees. Our trainees are: Christine, Kenino, Daniel, Dorina, Esther, Chiqui, Christian, Michael, Eden, Joel, Matthew, Fredirick, and Edgar (Chara and Lyn could not join the service). The Supervisor is Celia, and the SITs (Supervisors-in-Training) are Vo and Edgar. Our trainees this Summer are from the four countries.
Celia and Vo’s CPE groups were blessed to have a guest instructor– Chaplain Salvador Delmundo. He is the head chaplain of the famed Menninger Clinic in Houston, Texas .
He was able to speak via Skype for two hours. He shared a great deal of wisdom in terms of his role as a chaplain at a psychiatric institution. We are greatly thankful for his support, and look forward to future communications.
We recently had a few small holiday events.
On December 12th, we had our Drug Surrenderer Christmas celebration at Lualhati barangay. We are presently meeting with the Lualhati group monthly, and with the Pacdal group weekly.
On December 15th, we had the last CPO (Clinical Pastoral Orientation) meeting of 2017. We did several case presentations, most of them done while having merienda at Noodle King.
On December 16th, we went to the La Trinidad District jail for counseling, and some gifts for all of the female inmates. Afterwards, our team went out to lunch at Future Diner. . This is our last ministry day until the holidays is over.
December 19. We will have our last CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) on this date. This is for one of our two groups. The other group is already off for the holiday and will return in 2018.
January 8. This is the start of three activities. One is the Lide-Walker Conference 2017. The focus will be on from the Grimes of The Relationship Warehouse. Second is a module course on Marriage Counseling, January 8-19, led by Dr. Chuck Henderson. Third is the SEE conference. All of these are at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary.
January. We will be having the Annual Board Meeting of CPSP-Philippines. Details as they become known.