- New Book. We have just published our second book in pastoral ministry. It is called Dynamics in Pastoral Counseling and Training. It is primarily for CPE trainees, and especially for those in 2nd unit and beyond. It is the follow-on to our first book, The Art of Pastoral Care. Click on the titles to find where they are available online. We also have them at our office (the latest one will be available in our office in a few days.)
- This Saturday, September 23, Chaplain Vo will be going with a group to San Jacinto, Pangasinan to lead a seminar in the Basics of Pastoral Counseling.
- We presently have two groups of CPE. Chaplain Lyn is leading a group of 5. Chaplains Celia and Vo have a group of 7. Will be finishing both groups by November.
In our partner website “Adventures in Pastoral Theology,” we have an excerpt of our upcoming (within a couple of weeks, prayerfully) book, Dynamics in Pastoral Counseling. It looks at pastoral supervision as it relates to the a passage in the Bible. In this case, I Timothy 3.
You are welcome to see that article here: Pastoral Supervision in the Bible
July 26, 2019 we held CPE Commissioning for our 9 trainees at Bukal Life Care (with Diplomate Supervisor Celia Munson and Supervisor in Training Lyn Montecastro). We also welcomed 6 recent CPE trainees from Saint Andrews Theological Seminary (with Diplomate Supervisor Paul Tabon). The commissioning was held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. Father Ivo Anselmi provided an inspirational message on family, and each of the trainees provided their ministerial metaphor to the group. Afterwards, all joined at the PBTS canteen for celebratory lunch.
Other photos of the event can be found at the Munson’s blogpage: https://bobandceliamunson.wordpress.com/2019/07/28/cpe-commissioning/
July 6. CPSP Meeting
July 24-26. Final Eval and Commissioning of CPE half unit.
August. We will have one or two CPE half units starting in August. One will meet on Saturdays. The second group may be on Saturdays, or at a different time depending on needs of the trainees. Contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
January Finish of our two groups of CPE that started in October.
February A well deserved break
March 11 Start of CPE Summer Full Unit Intensive
April 15 Start of CPE Summer Half Unit Intensive
May 20-ish Completion of CPE Summer Intensive Units
May 27-ish Beginning of CPE-Elder Care. (Focus more on Elder and Palliative Care)
- We recently hosted a certification board of CPSP-Philippines. On July 28, we had several reviewed. Three were three granted certification for Clinical Chaplaincy: Ptr. Janice Serafica, Ptr. Renato Eustaquio, and Dr. Merlita Montecastro. Additionally one was granted Associate Clinical Chaplaincy: Daniel Spaeth.
- We are considering having a new half unit of CPE starting on August 20. However, we are seeking to verify that we have enough trainees. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com. Otherwise, our next course is in October. This will be a full unit extended.
- August 27 we will be holding a short seminar in San Fernando, La Union on Conflict resolution.
- CPE Transition. Our Summer group of 16 trainees completed their CPE units— some in the last week of May er and some in the first week of June. A new group of 15 trainees (with Supervisor Celia, and SITs Vo and Edgar) started on June 15. Most of the trainees are associated with either PBTS (Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary) or LTS (Lutheran Theological Seminary). Most are either doing a half-unit intensive, or a full-unit extended.
- This June starts a first with us. We are in partnership with Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (PBTS) in establishing a new course of study. PBTS ow has two new degrees: Master of Divinity in Pastoral Care, and Master of Arts in Pastoral Care (M.Div-PC and MA-PC). Both are integrated with our CPE program. We are excited to see how things go. More info is available at https://pbts.net.ph/index.php/2018/05/15/pastoral-care-degrees-at-philippine-baptist-theological-seminary/
- On June 17, Bob and Celia went to BIBAK Bible Church to hold a Conflict Resolution seminar for Youth and Young Adult leaders from various local churches. We are thankful to our hosts for their hospitality and we pray that they found value in the activity.