We are in a bit of a lull right now. There may be a CPE group starting August 17, but that is uncertain (depending on whether some can really join who have expressed interest).
Of more certainty are the following:
- September 14. Basic Christian Counseling seminar will be led by Chaplain Vo Canoy in San Jacinto, Pangasinan.
- September 16. We plan to begin a CPE Intensive program. It will be based at Pines Doctors Hospital in Baguio.
- October. We expect to start CPO as part of the 2nd semester at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. More info to follow.
- Late October. Hoping hold IPR (Inter-Personal Relations) training led by Dr. Cal Sodoy. Again, more info to follow.
May 17. CPE Commissioning (for Summer CPE 2019). Dr. Simplicio Dang-Awan Jr. will be our guest speaker.
June 10. This is the week of the start of the next batch of CPE as well as CPO
Below are a couple of pictures from Drug Awareness seminar led by Chaplain Celia for youth at South Sanitary Camp Barangay on May 12.
We held Church Confict Resolution Training
Celia, Bob, Amm, and Chara of Bukal Life Care with Fhey and Ysrael who lead ABCM
at ABCM, a church ministry here in Baguio with several daughter ministries throughout Northern Luzon.
Bob and Celia Munson led the training, assisted by two trainees of Bukal Life Care (Amm and Chara). It was held on Good Friday (April 19, 2019) with approximately 50 to 60 attending. We do different activities depending on the size, needs, and duration available. We had three hours available, so we did the following:
- The Blame Game (large group activity)
- Conflict Management Types and Discussion (quiz)
- Stages of Church Conflict (lecture)
- Hurtful and Healing Words (a game)
- Intentional Dialogue— Behavior Change (small group activity)
We are thankful to our friends at ABCM for inviting us. We had a great time.
Training was held by our team (Bob and Celia, Lyn, Fhey, and Daniel) with LUBCA at First Baptist Church, San Fernando, La Union.
The training involved a conflict-related team-building exercise, followed by a simple test regarding conflict management styles. The following is the presentation we used.
Upper left: Vo’s CPE final evaluations
Upper right: Celia’s CPE final evaluations
Remaining two photos: Vo in Ghana leading seminar in Clinical Pastoral Counseling
One of our CPE Supervisors-in-Training, and staff member, Chaplain Violeta Canoy will be in Ghana and will be leading a seminar in Clinical Pastoral Counseling. Our prayers are with her and her husband, and we are looking forward to hearing a good report of that event.
On April 26 and 27, our team traveled to Maddela in Quirino Province for training in Pastoral Counseling. It was held at Agape Christian Ministries of the Philippines. This actually involves a network of 13 churches. The host church is led by Ptr. Juanito Leal.
There were approximately 32 trainees involving pastors and lay ministers. We had a wonderful time. Our team of 7 consisted of both members of the staff, and CPE trainees.
After the trip, we continued on to Aurora to visit with friends in Baler.