This picture has some members of the Bukal Life staff at the AV-STM Dinner, December 5th. There were approximately 500 in attendance. We have a partnership with AV-STM (Asia Vision-Short Term Mission). It was founded in 2002 at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary by Dr. Byung-Yoon Kim. AV-STM has sent hundreds of Filipino and Asian missionaries on short-term missions throughout Southeast Asia and Central Asia. It has also supported some mid-term missionaries.
Bukal Life Care has been working in partnership with them over the last few years. We assist with initial evaluation of prospective missionaries, Some training in pastoral care and first aid. Additionally, our team has been able to do some in-field missionary member care, as well as post-trip member care.
AV-STM came out with a new calendar for 2015 with a considerable number of photos or our team and work. We appreciate that, and look forward to further partnership in 2015.
December 11-13. Meeting with Dr. Raymond Lawarence, the General Secretary of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy.
January 5-7, 2015. Lide-Walker Conference… and Grand Opening of New Office of Bukal Life Care.
January 19. Clinical Pastoral Orientation starts. 6 weeks.
March 23. Clinical Pastoral Education. 11 weeks.
March (late). AV-STM Prefield Training.
May 13-16. Disaster Response Chaplaincy Intensive Course.
A lot going on. Here is some.
1. Our Disaster Response team (partnership of PBTS and Bukal Life Care) is continuing its work in the Visayas particularly with Stress debriefing. They will return to Baguio on April 9th.
2. March 24. Bukal Life Care (led by Cori and Jehny) are training AV-STM missionary trainees in “Basic First Aid” and “The Baggage Cart.” AV-STM will send out its “STMers” in April.
3. March 26. We start CPE 2014 Summer Intensive.
4. March 31. Didactics start CPE. Monday (March 31), we will be presenting an Introduction to Pastoral Care. The focus will be on (1) The roles of pastoral care from a historical standpoint, (2) an overview of the Clinical Pastoral Care movement, and (3) present models for relating psychology and theology in counseling. It will start at 8:30am and continue until 11:30am. Although this seminar is primarily for CPE trainees as their first Didactic, others are welcome to join if they wish. It will be held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary, Baguio City. There is no charge, but we would appreciate letting us know if you are attending. Text 0933-302-0373.
Three great activities in three consecutive days.
Day 1 (February 20). Asia Vision-STM invited us to Wood Nymph Restaurant for a planning dinner. AV-STM is a Philippine-based organization that trains Filipinos in missions through training and Short-Term and Encounter missions. AV-STM is committed to proper missionary member care for those who go. We have been working with them with personality evaluation and training. We are presently working with each other to develop a program that meets the needs of AV-STM. Thanks to Jehny and Fhey for taking the lead on developing this program.
Day 2 (February 21). At the invitation of Serving Neighbors Network, we were invited to do a training in Intentional Conversation. We did a similar training at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary a month before. SNN trains children in Baguio through the ALS (alternative learning system) program. Attendees were teachers and barangay workers. There were approximately 20 in attendance. Bob led the primary training, with roleplay and group discussion work by Celia, Becky, and Cori.
Day 3 (February 22). We carried out another topic in our series of Mini-Workshops. This training is in Conflict Mediation, led by Dr. Sim Dang-Awan. Doc Sim is an expert in mediation and tribal confict resolution. The training was held at Philippines Baptist Theological Seminary (PBTS) , to a group of around 25. We had a very positive response to this and discussion is underway for follow-ons to this important topic.
<div style=”margin-bottom:5px”> <strong> <a href=”http://www.slideshare.net/bmunson3/bukal-life-care-2013″ title=”Bukal Life Care 2013″ target=”_blank”>Bukal Life Care 2013</a> </strong> from <strong><a href=”http://www.slideshare.net/bmunson3″ target=”_blank”>Bob Munson</a></strong> </div>
Thursday, May 23. 9am. “Stress Management” lecture with the Department of Agriculture. Led by Doc Sim.
Saturday, May 25. CPE Outing. Celia’s Group
Friday, May 31. CPE Summer Intensive Graduation (both Celia and Joyce’s groups). West Baguio Baptist Church, 9am.
Mid-June (circa June 14). Start of the next batch for CPE-Extended. Led by Joyce Gray. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and steps to apply.
Mid-August. Estimated date for CPE-Extended group led by Celia Munson.
Late-September. Estimated date for CPSP – Southeast Asia Conference. in Quezon City.
Mid-January 2013. Start of Clinical Pastoral Orientation (CPO) at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary
- CPE Chapel and Ministry Center Open House in late June (TBA)
- Completion of Summer Institute “Missionary Member Care” Class, with 13 trainees from 5 nations.
- Jehny has successfully arrived in her mission site for several months of ministry, including pastoral care and missionary member care.
- June 5-7. OSB Missions Conference, Mt. Carmel, Davao
Dr. Bob Munson (Administrator of Bukal Life Care) is finishing up teaching of Missionary Member Care at Summer Institute of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. There are 13 in the class.
Ptr Arnold Arquillano is shown here at Missionary Member Care Training done with One Sending Body. He and his wife Rose, friends and partners of Bukal Life Care, learned a great deal about missionary evaluation and training. We hope to grow our expertise in this context to improve our help of missionaries and other ministry professionals.