CPE Batch 2013-4 is ongoing with 4 trainees led by Celia.
CPE Batch 2013-5 will be starting later this year. Estimated date for start will be mid-November.
If you have any questions or comments, you can replay to this post. Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bukal LIfe Care & Counseling Center is a certified CPE training center of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP, http://www.pastoralreport.org).
Celia Munson, Training Coordinator and Pastoral Counselor with Bukal Life Care was invited to speak at “Area 1 Vocational Rehabilitation Center” (AVRC) for their Family Thanksgiving Celebration. The topic was on Unity/Solidarity of family and members with disabilities. The center presently has 57 trainees with sensory or physical disabilities. The center, operated by the Department of Social Welfare and Development, trains people with disabilities in numerous areas including tailoring, hairdressing, massage, computer, food service, and more.
Approximately 100 attended this event. We have worked with AVRC before and it was an honor to be invited again. Celia spoke on issues of family dynamics as well as a number of group activities to show the importance of healthy family cohesion and flexibility.
Sep 18. Staff meeting
Sep 26. AVRC Reg 1. Celia speaking. “Advancing Social Integration and Intergenerational Solidarity”
Sep 28. Parents Congress. Teacher’s Camp
Oct 2. BSU lecture led by Bukal on Child Abuse
Oct 25. Tentative Date for Farrell Symposium on Pastoral Care. QC
We will also have our annual board meeting in October.
1. Clinical Pastoral Education. Batch 3 completed in mid-August, with 3 graduates. Batch 4 started on September 9th with 6 trainees. One is working on first unit, the others are working on 2nd or 3rd. Batch 5 (the final batch for 2013 is expected to start November or December.
2. BOT meeting. October will be our annual board meeting. Actual date TBD.
3. Farrell Symposium. The Annual Farrell Symposium is tentatively scheduled for October 25th at Philippine Children Medical Center in Quezon City. Speakers are expected to be Dr. Cesar Espineda and Chaplain Barbara McGuire.
4. CPSP. Congratulations to Padi Pinit Caytap as the convener of the newest CPSP Chapter— Resurrection. That brings the number of chapters in the Philippines to 5. A 6th is in the process of being formed in Manila.
5. Sunflower Children Center. In August we had a nice visit with Fr. Acosta and staff at Sunflower Children Center. They do a wonderful job in helping children in greater Baguio. 6 of our team were able to join a training on DSM-5 as it pertains to children. It was hosted by Sunflower. We look forward to continued opportunities to support each other.
That’s enough for now. But keep checking!