1. Clinical Pastoral Education. Batch 3 completed in mid-August, with 3 graduates. Batch 4 started on September 9th with 6 trainees. One is working on first unit, the others are working on 2nd or 3rd. Batch 5 (the final batch for 2013 is expected to start November or December.
2. BOT meeting. October will be our annual board meeting. Actual date TBD.
3. Farrell Symposium. The Annual Farrell Symposium is tentatively scheduled for October 25th at Philippine Children Medical Center in Quezon City. Speakers are expected to be Dr. Cesar Espineda and Chaplain Barbara McGuire.
4. CPSP. Congratulations to Padi Pinit Caytap as the convener of the newest CPSP Chapter— Resurrection. That brings the number of chapters in the Philippines to 5. A 6th is in the process of being formed in Manila.
5. Sunflower Children Center. In August we had a nice visit with Fr. Acosta and staff at Sunflower Children Center. They do a wonderful job in helping children in greater Baguio. 6 of our team were able to join a training on DSM-5 as it pertains to children. It was hosted by Sunflower. We look forward to continued opportunities to support each other.
That’s enough for now. But keep checking!