We are in a bit of a lull right now. There may be a CPE group starting August 17, but that is uncertain (depending on whether some can really join who have expressed interest).
Of more certainty are the following:
- September 14. Basic Christian Counseling seminar will be led by Chaplain Vo Canoy in San Jacinto, Pangasinan.
- September 16. We plan to begin a CPE Intensive program. It will be based at Pines Doctors Hospital in Baguio.
- October. We expect to start CPO as part of the 2nd semester at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. More info to follow.
- Late October. Hoping hold IPR (Inter-Personal Relations) training led by Dr. Cal Sodoy. Again, more info to follow.
We held Church Confict Resolution Training
Celia, Bob, Amm, and Chara of Bukal Life Care with Fhey and Ysrael who lead ABCM
at ABCM, a church ministry here in Baguio with several daughter ministries throughout Northern Luzon.
Bob and Celia Munson led the training, assisted by two trainees of Bukal Life Care (Amm and Chara). It was held on Good Friday (April 19, 2019) with approximately 50 to 60 attending. We do different activities depending on the size, needs, and duration available. We had three hours available, so we did the following:
- The Blame Game (large group activity)
- Conflict Management Types and Discussion (quiz)
- Stages of Church Conflict (lecture)
- Hurtful and Healing Words (a game)
- Intentional Dialogue— Behavior Change (small group activity)
We are thankful to our friends at ABCM for inviting us. We had a great time.
We had a great time at Center of Hope for Women… a ministry in Baguio City… in leading a one-day seminar on the basics of Christian Counseling. Around 15 trainees attended from the Center of Hope and Philippine College of Ministry. We also had a few of our CPE trainees join. We had five parts to our training. The first part was a presentation on the background or introduction to Christian Counseling. The next was a presentation on Emotions. The Center of Hope provided a great lunch. After lunch we had a learning activity that involved a ball of string and a series of insults and compliments (don’t ask… but it went well). Then we had our third presentaiton, and that was on self-care and healthy boundaries. Finally, we had question and answer. We also provided a handout on effective (and ineffective) therapeutic conversation. We really did not go over that because of lack of time.
Presentation that provides a quick little overview of Christian Counseling for those who— well— don’t really know anything about Christian Counseling.
Celia and Vo’s CPE groups were blessed to have a guest instructor– Chaplain Salvador Delmundo. He is the head chaplain of the famed Menninger Clinic in Houston, Texas .
He was able to speak via Skype for two hours. He shared a great deal of wisdom in terms of his role as a chaplain at a psychiatric institution. We are greatly thankful for his support, and look forward to future communications.
Dr. Doug Dickens will be visiting us for a couple of weeks. He is a Diplomate with CPSP, and a professor at Gardner-Webb University. He will be teaching PC 6 Grief and Loss (a 3-unit course that can be taken for credit at PBTS).