CPE-Baguio is moving forward, supervised by Ms. Joyce Gray. 5 trainees have begun their training, utilizing Baguio General Hospital as their primary point of ministry.
CPO is in the 2nd week in Baguio, supervised by Ms. Celia Munson. 8 trainees are working in Baguio General Hospital and in their own churches.
Last Sunday, 09 SEP, Celia provided training at Trinidad Baptist Church in ministries to the grieving. This was part of a larger training in social ministry being held at the church.
The last few weeks have been exciting in Bukal Life Manila with several things going on.
1. Back in March we had our first pastoral care symposium in Manila, with guest speaker Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy.
2. More recently, a CPO (Clinical Pastoral Orientation) group led by Ms. Chit Panizales completed their training. CPO is a preparatory training or Introduction to Clinical Pastoral Training (CPE or CPT).
3. On June 9th we had the final graduation for the latest CPE/T trainees. These were led by Sister Sofia and Doc Sim.
4. Also on June 9th we dedicated the new CPE office in PCMC.
5. Plans are being made for a batch at St. Lukes for CPE/T in (tentatively) July 2012.
Exciting things are happening. Thanks to all for their dedication to expanding pastoral care and counseling in Manila. We are excited about also extending ministry to Cagayan de Oro in the next few months. Stand by for more info on that in the next few weeks.
Rev. Aguirre (or Executive Director) is holding a mini-Clinical Pastoral Orientation CPO) among pastors and workers of United Church of Christ in the Philippines (UCCP), North Highland Conference, November 28-29, 2011, Tabuk, Kalinga.
We have been getting some inquiries regarding residential counseling and care services. So as a point of clarification:
1. We do not have residential services. Our present services are limited to outpatient counseling in Baguio and Manila (and soon to add Bacolod). Questions regarding outpatient counseling sessions may be made to 0933-302-0373.
2. Additionally, we do chaplaincy services as part of our CPE and CPO programs at a number of places. These include (but are not limited to) hospitals (such as Benguet General Hospital, Baguio General Hospital, and Philippine Children’s Medical Center) and detention centers (such as Baguio City Jail).
3. We should note that we are in the VERY EARLY stages of discussion regarding setting up a Residential Counseling Center in the Baguio City area. However, it does not exist at this time and cannot promise when (or if) it will be done.
==November 4. End of CPE Celebration for Batch 2 and 3A in La Union.
==November 12. Bukal Life-Manila Launching and Graduation for Batch 3B. Quezon City. Diocesan Center Episcopal Church. 9AM. Speaker. Rev. Joel Aguirre… Executive Director of Bukal Life Care & Counseling Center.
==December 17. Dental Mission, Santa Rosa, Nueva Viscaya.
==BBEG meetings Nov 4, Dec 1, Dec 8, and Feb 17.
==Additionally, CPE Batch 4 as well as CPO at PCM will begin in Mid-November. Partnering visit to Cagayan de Oro will also happen in the next few weeks.
We are getting ready to implement CPO (Clinical Pastoral Orientation). This is a preparatory training for CPE. 50 hours vice 400 hours, but utilizing the same basic formula as CPE. Useful for Bible schools that are unable to support a full CPE program but wish to help their students grow in interpersonal skills, self-understanding, and clinical pastoral care. Please contact us if you have any questions.