- The Art of Pastoral Care. Just finished making corrections on this book. The corrected copy is now on Amazon.com and should be active in the next 24 hours. The corrections are mostly minor. You can go to Amazon.com to see it. Otherwise, updated copies should be available at our office by the Lide-Walker Conference (January 8, 2018).
- Dr. Sim Dan-Awan’s book on Ministry and Alcoholism will be done soon. It is actually a dissertation, and it is being moved to book form. Hopefully, it will be done and available by March.
- Dynamics in Pastoral Care. We keep pushing off the completion date… but will be done, prayerfully in 2018. Will keep you updated.
We recently had a few small holiday events.
On December 12th, we had our Drug Surrenderer Christmas celebration at Lualhati barangay. We are presently meeting with the Lualhati group monthly, and with the Pacdal group weekly.
On December 15th, we had the last CPO (Clinical Pastoral Orientation) meeting of 2017. We did several case presentations, most of them done while having merienda at Noodle King.
On December 16th, we went to the La Trinidad District jail for counseling, and some gifts for all of the female inmates. Afterwards, our team went out to lunch at Future Diner. . This is our last ministry day until the holidays is over.
December 19. We will have our last CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) on this date. This is for one of our two groups. The other group is already off for the holiday and will return in 2018.
January 8. This is the start of three activities. One is the Lide-Walker Conference 2017. The focus will be on from the Grimes of The Relationship Warehouse. Second is a module course on Marriage Counseling, January 8-19, led by Dr. Chuck Henderson. Third is the SEE conference. All of these are at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary.
January. We will be having the Annual Board Meeting of CPSP-Philippines. Details as they become known.
The Wednesday after Easter, Bob and Celia led training “Conflict in the Field” with Asia Vision-Short Term Missions. This is part of their prefield training before their two month mission trip into Asia.
Thursday was the first day of our CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education). CPE lasts for 10-11 weeks. We have 8 trainees this time. So far, it looks like it is going to be a great, but busy, Summer. We meet as a group Thursdays and Fridays for 11 weeks.
May 2nd. Monthly “Minister Heartlink” Planning meeting.
July 4-15. Minster Heartlink CPO Intensive. training.
September. CPE Extended
October 4-10. Heartlink Project in Mindanao
We recently completed half units of CPE led by Dr. Paul Tabon and Celia Munson. There will be follow-on CPE work for a number of trainees.
On the 27th, we celebrated Pastoral Care Week with a pastoral care presentation. After that we joined together for food and fellowship.
November 5 we will have our annual board meeting.
November 23 we will have training led by Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP. The training will be in Case Study and Reflection.
November 24-26 we will have other activities associated with CPSP-Philippines and Bukal with Dr. Lawrence. More info on this to follow.
Below are a few pictures from the last few days.
- Celia spoke at the Intergenerational Forum at the Baguio City Hall on September 8th, on grandparenting. It went very very well, and it will be followed up by a seminar she will be given at DSWD on September 18th on parenting.
- Doc Paul’s CPE group is in the middle of their training. Celia’s group will start at the end of this month. However, some of them have already started working on their requirements.
- October will be the time of our annual board meeting. This is an important time to review, assess, and plan.
- Upcoming trainings in November with Dr. Raymond Lawrence (CPSP general secretary) and in January with Rev. Debbie Miller (APC-certified chaplain).
- We have had fruitful discussions with BCYA (Baguoi Council for Young Adults) that include some opportunities for chaplaincy training with them, as well as some training opportunities.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com or text us at 0916-557-9549.
Below are a few pictures from the Intergenerational Forum
Doc Paul’s CPE group will be coming back soon from HK. Four of the five were able to go. Welcome back!
Next week, Dr. Dickens (CPSP Diplomate and professor of Pastoral Counseling at Gardner-Webb University) will be with us for several days. He will be teaching Guided Readings in Pastoral Care at ABGTS. Bob, Celia, and Doc Paul, from our group, look forward to both the readings and the guidance.
CPE starts up again on the 15th for Celia’s group and the 20th for Doc Paul’s group. (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions)
Oh yeah, and PBTS first term starts on the 16th.
August we will start our Lay Shepherding CPO in Bocaue, Bulacan (Lord willing).
Things are a busy busy..