We held a gathering of staff and trustees of Bukal Life Care on August 31 and September 1st. Thirteen attended. We were hosted at the Mission Center of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in Baguio City. A number of issues were dealt with.
A few items:
1. Priorities. We are actively involved in a number of ministries… far more than our group can handle well with our limited financial and human resources. Based on our brainstorming, the following were identified as priorities:
- Clinical Pastoral Training (CPE/CPT). Hospital ministry
- Disaster Response Training, and crisis response work
- Pastoral Care Training and Ministry
2. Ladderization. Develop training programs that are all of certification and progression. For example, for Disaster Response:
There are more things… but this is a good start for now. We are so thankful to those who joined and added insights. We are also appreciative of our great hosts.