We haven’t put in updates in awhile. But that doesn’t mean that nothing has happened.
In January we had:
- Board Meeting of CPSP-Philippines hosted at Bukal Life Care
- Gift-giving to inmates at La Trinidad District Jail
- Completion of two groups of CPE trainees
- Hosted Case Presentation led by Dr. Raymond Lawrence, General Secretary of CPSP
- Hosted signing of new Memorandum of Agreement between CPSP and CPSP-Philippines
Looking into upcoming activities… here are a few.
- February 11. Presentation by one of our trainees, Daniel Spaeth, of Family Life History Thesis. This will be the first such thesis done as part of the M.Div-PC program at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (this is a program that we partner with PBTS on).
- February 17. Parenting Seminar in La Trinidad (we are joining as panel members)
- March 11. Start of Summer Intensive Full Unit CPE
- April 15. Start of Summer Intensive Half Unit CPE
- May 27. Start of Palliative Care CPE
CPSP-Philippine Plenary scheduled to happen soon… but waiting for more details.
January Finish of our two groups of CPE that started in October.
February A well deserved break
March 11 Start of CPE Summer Full Unit Intensive
April 15 Start of CPE Summer Half Unit Intensive
May 20-ish Completion of CPE Summer Intensive Units
May 27-ish Beginning of CPE-Elder Care. (Focus more on Elder and Palliative Care)
Greetings to all. Our courses are on break. Both our present CPE group and our CPO group will start up again in Mid-January. However, we will be at the Lide-Walker Conference at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary January 7-9.
February, we will be hosting Dr. Raymond Lawrence from CPSP.
Although we are on break, we are still available for consultation. Please email us at email@example.com.
This is our CPE team during second semester here at Bukal. From left to right.
- Aaron CPE Trainee
- Vo CPE Supervisor-in-Training
- Celia CPE Diplomate
- Lyn CPE Supervisor-in-Training
- Matthew CPE Trainee
- Mike PC Thesis
- Bhab CPE Trainee
- Medo CPE Trainee
- Xander CPE Trainee
- Crista CPE Trainee
On October 15 we started a new CPE group. We have 6 trainees. They have Vo and Lyn as SITs for the trainees. The left image below is on the first day of CPE. We also have 3 trainees for CPO led by Bob and Celia.
The right picture was taken in the office of Dr. Pagara, dean of the School of Theology at Central Philippine University. We were meeting with Dr. Cal Sodoay, a partner in CPE. The picture includes Doc Cal, Celia, Bob, Doc Gibbs, and Dr. Pagara. The trip, including Doc Lyn, and several CPE members in Iloilo was on October 4-7.
October 4-7 Iloilo Trip
October 9 Start of Clinical Pastoral Orientation (CPO)
October 15 Start of CPE. 9am
October 26-27 Dumaguete Trip
November Welcoming Dr. Dickens
January Welcoming Dr. Lawrence