- New Book. We have just published our second book in pastoral ministry. It is called Dynamics in Pastoral Counseling and Training. It is primarily for CPE trainees, and especially for those in 2nd unit and beyond. It is the follow-on to our first book, The Art of Pastoral Care. Click on the titles to find where they are available online. We also have them at our office (the latest one will be available in our office in a few days.)
- This Saturday, September 23, Chaplain Vo will be going with a group to San Jacinto, Pangasinan to lead a seminar in the Basics of Pastoral Counseling.
- We presently have two groups of CPE. Chaplain Lyn is leading a group of 5. Chaplains Celia and Vo have a group of 7. Will be finishing both groups by November.
In our partner website “Adventures in Pastoral Theology,” we have an excerpt of our upcoming (within a couple of weeks, prayerfully) book, Dynamics in Pastoral Counseling. It looks at pastoral supervision as it relates to the a passage in the Bible. In this case, I Timothy 3.
You are welcome to see that article here: Pastoral Supervision in the Bible
We are in a bit of a lull right now. There may be a CPE group starting August 17, but that is uncertain (depending on whether some can really join who have expressed interest).
Of more certainty are the following:
- September 14. Basic Christian Counseling seminar will be led by Chaplain Vo Canoy in San Jacinto, Pangasinan.
- September 16. We plan to begin a CPE Intensive program. It will be based at Pines Doctors Hospital in Baguio.
- October. We expect to start CPO as part of the 2nd semester at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. More info to follow.
- Late October. Hoping hold IPR (Inter-Personal Relations) training led by Dr. Cal Sodoy. Again, more info to follow.
July 26, 2019 we held CPE Commissioning for our 9 trainees at Bukal Life Care (with Diplomate Supervisor Celia Munson and Supervisor in Training Lyn Montecastro). We also welcomed 6 recent CPE trainees from Saint Andrews Theological Seminary (with Diplomate Supervisor Paul Tabon). The commissioning was held at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary. Father Ivo Anselmi provided an inspirational message on family, and each of the trainees provided their ministerial metaphor to the group. Afterwards, all joined at the PBTS canteen for celebratory lunch.
Other photos of the event can be found at the Munson’s blogpage: https://bobandceliamunson.wordpress.com/2019/07/28/cpe-commissioning/
July 6. CPSP Meeting
July 24-26. Final Eval and Commissioning of CPE half unit.
August. We will have one or two CPE half units starting in August. One will meet on Saturdays. The second group may be on Saturdays, or at a different time depending on needs of the trainees. Contact us a email@example.com if you have questions.
On 26 June 2018, Bukal Life Care was honored by the Governor of Benguet for our work with those incarcerated at the La Trinidad District Jail. Also honored was an attorney (sorry I have forgotten the name… will update later when we get the group photo), and a pastor and wife who works with Prison Fellowship International (PFI) in discipleship work at the jail.
Actually 2 years ago (March 2017), the executive assistant (Ms. Okubo) was the one who contacted us about coming to the jail to work with the PDLs (Persons Deprived of Liberty). We have been able to bring chaplains and chaplain trainees there on Mondays for the last two years and believe that it is beneficial to those at the jail as well as the trainees. We are, in fact, very appreciative of this partnership.
As of today, June 24, we are in the middle of our latest CPE Unit— well actually half unit, with 9 trainees. Diplomate Celia and SIT Lyn are leading this group. We have also added the BGH Cancer Institute and Pines Doctor’s Hospital to their ministry practicum locations.
Commissioning is expected to be on July 25th.
Two more units are anticipated soon. In August we may have two half units starting. One is expected to be a half unit intensive led by SIT Vo, and the other a Saturday half unit extended led by SIT Lyn.
Our plan is to take a break in leading CPE starting in October. However, we may be leading CPO (clinical pastoral orientation) at Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary during that down-time.
Our book, Dynamics in Pastoral Counseling, is getting close to completion. The first draft is done. It is presently in editing. Will update you when it will be published.